Thursday, July 14, 2011

Deck the Halls

I awoke this morning at 6:30 a.m. without the assistance of an alarm clock. How? you ask. Why? you ask. Well... that's how badly I wanted to know if the peppermint oil would work to keep the mice away from our kitchen.

I tried to go back to sleep, but like a kid on Christmas morning, I just couldn't. I finally gave up and tiptoed downstairs into the candy cane-scented air to see if the mouse gods had left me any presents. To my extreme relief, I saw not a single sign that a mouse had done its business on our counter. Hallelujah!

Gleeful, I made my breakfast without cleaning the counters for the first time in a week. I poured my iced coffee and headed to the sofa to watch a little tv while eating. Just as I was congratulating myself on a job well done...

...a roach scuttled across the living room rug. It's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment