Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fantastic Discovery

I had a wonderful morning.

I had heard about the Durham Farmers' Market and decided to visit it. Hubs and I (ok, just I - yesterday while home alone) invited three couples over for dinner Sunday night. I thought it would be fun to include farmers' market ingredients in the crock pot coq au vin I'm trying.

Now, I'm not pretending to be either a gourmet chef or a stickler for organic food. But it does feel amazing when you go to something like that and know that this food was created locally and is totally fresh. Plus, I always like supporting local businesses if possible. I found some amazing cheeses, the vegetables and fresh herbs I needed for the recipe, plus a pound of organic ground bison to make some burgers for Hubs and me this week. Stay tuned - who knows, I may become a fantastic cook!

Carter is FINALLY off tomorrow, so we can actually go out tonight! I am looking forward to getting to know Durham nightlife. I also have several items on my social and work calendar this week - there's a light at the end of the boredom tunnel! And the more I think about it, the more I realize that come August 11, I will be WISHING I had time to be as bored as I am now.

The grass is always greener.

No comments:

Post a Comment